Saturday, September 19, 2009

My favorite time of the year

The weather is cooling and football is on.  My poor husband has become a football widower!  I'm excited about some upcoming activities in my life, including traveling to Orlando to visit my 2 oldest sons.  Then I get to come home and begin joint replacements, due to having the autoimmune disease Psoriatic Arthritis.  Leave it to yours truly to be so blessed!  I am learning to be a better wife and mother, being part of a start up group of women who are going to meet weekly to do something productive, since I am unable to maintain employment due to health issues.  It will be the first time since I was 11 years old that I have not worked outside the home.  Well, OK, there were 3 temporary times off after I had my sons.
I pray and believe that my sons will find their dream wives and maybe be a grandmother someday.
My religious beliefs are probably like none other, with a solid understanding of Judaism, but choosing to remain with the religion of my birth, Christianity.  If you know me, you will understand that I have come to believe in an inclusive God, who loves all of his creation, regardless of how they relate to him.  I will offend some when I say that I believe God created us perfectly, and have a special love and acceptance for gay and bi-sexual people.  We will all have a place in "olam h'bah", or life in the world to come.  I lean toward Jewish thought here.
I have become more of a centrist politically, though I tend to be slightly right of center, but only a tad bit.
Life can be good, it is what we make it.
And for Pastor Sparky, I am at the Threshold.

No comments:

Post a Comment